Name:
Location: bangalore, karnataka, India

Sometimes editor, sometimes counsellor. Trying to find a way of life that makes some sense to me.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

stuck in a monsoon deluge

Here in Bangalore, safe from the more extreme vagaries of nature, I feel truly vulnerable everytime the monsoons hit. There is nothing like the sorry squelch of suffering suede to tell you that your day is heading on the super highway to misery. As I stood under a barely-sufficient awning outside a grocery store in the middle of nowhere, in ankle-deep water that continuously washed debris whose source and nature I'm afraid to enquire about, I felt like it couldn't get any worse. And then it did. The rain got heavier, and my bike refused to move. The only plus side I can find to it is that I didn't have to climb through impossible narrow car windows like a certain six-foot tall kung foo guitarist.

3 Comments:

Blogger nib said...

hurrah! not your rainy episode - glad to see you blogging :) guess i'll wait for the sun to come out to get HBP!

6:59 AM  
Blogger LadyParadox said...

I was ferried by boat from the office to Double Road! Then I folded up my pants and walked the rest of the way home 'coz no auto or bus would stop. Sighhhhh....

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and someday i thought u love the rain!!!!!!!!!!!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home