Name:
Location: bangalore, karnataka, India

Sometimes editor, sometimes counsellor. Trying to find a way of life that makes some sense to me.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Help... I'm falling in love!

Once the car started to fill with gas, he had experienced the obligatory flashback of his life to date. It turned out to be a short, unedifying viewing experience, low on entertainment value, the metaphysical equivalent of the Queen's Speech.... He was no great believer in destiny, Archie, but on reflection it did seem that a special effort of predestination had ensured his life had been picked out for him like a company Christmas present-- early, and the same as everyone else's.

There are writers and then there are writers. I can't help but fall in love with Zadie Smith. It's as if she sat down one day to write just for me, to touch chords that've never been touched before.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jugular Bean said...

White Teeth no? Yeah she writes really well, but after like 3/4th of the book, I started to get bored. But yeah her style is neat!

10:08 PM  
Blogger RTP said...

Ah I haven't got to 3/4ths yet. But if she writes like this all the time there is no way I'll ever come off this zs high.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Avalonian said...

bugger!...that's an awesome book, forget what Pitchers says! I can't believe i didnt reccomend that to u in college!...and she is very cute as well ;)`

9:14 PM  
Blogger Avalonian said...

I also had a brief crush on her and tried to email her...yeah, that;s kinda pathetic!

9:15 PM  
Blogger RTP said...

My my, such heartfelt confessions Avalonian. But yes I can already feel her wreak similar havoc on my life.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

try reading a walk to remember by nicholas sparks.. nice book

1:17 PM  
Blogger RTP said...

I'll add that to my list. Don't know if I'll ever get to it though. Like I was telling a friend, if I've to read all the books I ought to, I'll need a longer life than Methuzelah (Hope I got my biblical reference right).

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jugular Bean said...

Avalodish - She ain't that cute! And he berates ME for my taste in women!

8:12 PM  
Blogger RTP said...

Bean, you're on dangerous territory here. You gotta know that you don't sit in a brown man's blog and insult the brown man's latest literary crush.I agree with Avalondish, and after that statement I think you need the berating too.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home