Name:
Location: bangalore, karnataka, India

Sometimes editor, sometimes counsellor. Trying to find a way of life that makes some sense to me.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

And here's the second...

On Riding Through the Night

I have a secret lover,
Steel-hearted, supple-limbed.
In quiet, veiled shadows
watching… waiting…
For short sordid passionate sex
Or long, slow, loving embraces.

Others, newer and sleeker,
Rush by; never understanding
The quiet rhythm. The soft silent
footfall,
As we walk and run together in time.
Or how when my blood runs hot,
Coursing through throbbing, purple veins
She becomes the pouncing tigress.

She and I will never be one.
But she understands that sometimes—
Two is just as much fun.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jugular Bean said...

Cycle?

10:33 PM  
Blogger RTP said...

Motorbike actually. Someone somewhere else thought it was about sex. Thank you for getting it.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Avalonian said...

Ah yes, i see the motorbike thing..nice, tight..the allusions to sex were a bit confusing though. :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger RTP said...

Hmmm. Actually the allusions to sex came in because I found some of my best times, my most insightful thoughts come when I'm on my bike. Due to a lack of sex, I find most happiness on my bike.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Avalonian said...

awww...

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.. this has nothing to do with the entry.. or maybe it does! i saw that one of your fav books is 'everybody loves a good drought'.. so i just wanted to tell u( and hope as hell that u are burning with jealousy), that P Sainath teaches me!!! woohoo!! v v giri's son himself!! too bad i'm not going to do journalism, and too bad your not girl to study in my coll!!*evil laffter*

7:27 AM  
Blogger RTP said...

Hmmm too bad I guess. But in a way I am glad that he isn't teaching me. I have to tendency to worship writers whose books I like. And in my head people like him, Said, Klein and Chomsky are about the greatest people on the planet. SOmetimes I'm afraid that if I meet them I will find out they're not. Inherent pessimism that makes me expect failure more often than success.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jessie Cherian said...

Well i bought a black GB&A, a case and a guitar guide book for a little over 4k.

Let me know when you get one.

Right now am in the process of developing calluses and not producing too much music.

You are lucky enough to live in B'lore and can rely on Bruce and Sunil to help you. Lucky you!


I'm trying learn on my own.

4:53 AM  
Blogger T said...

Mehar, I see that all those poems from your book are being tranformed into more severe forms of torture ;)
Keep it up ! Nice work...

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waiting for ya to ramble on!!!!!!!!!!!

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home