Name:
Location: bangalore, karnataka, India

Sometimes editor, sometimes counsellor. Trying to find a way of life that makes some sense to me.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chance meetings

Chance meetings

Memory, like meat, needs refrigeration.
But not too much, lest
Cold rational thought rob its substance
leaving a dessicated shell,
Wreathed in old photographs and
torn love letters.
Left in the heat of obsession,
It putrifies, so that yesterday’s aromas
Are today’s fetid oversweetness.

A day has gone by since I saw you off.
Compulsive thought claims
You didn’t look at me
like I did, seeing the universe
in you. Cold rationale says
you never did.
In the middle space,
I remember that we shared
Good beer, meat and conversation.

And until next time;
I lock you up, not
In hopes of keeping you in,
But rather trying to keep you out—
For now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Avalonian said...

WHo's this for?

8:15 AM  
Blogger RTP said...

When I wrote it, I thought it was for a woman who came back from Delhi and dug up feelings she didn't know I had for her. But when I finished writing it, I realised it was for every woman I've been in love with.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Isn't it funny, how the "old" always end up laughing at the loves of the young? Why are you RTP?

3:22 AM  
Blogger RTP said...

And isn't it funny that the young laugh at the knowing looks the old always seem to have. But perhaps its nice to be reminded once in a while what it's like to be young. I'm RTP because that's an amalgamation of three my favourite fantasy writers, who make me fall in love with literature like no one else can. R for Robert Rankin, T for JRR Tolkein and P for Terry Pratchett.

11:08 AM  
Blogger RTP said...

By the way I'm curious why the loves of the young make the old laugh. Pray, do enlighten me. :-)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home