Name:
Location: bangalore, karnataka, India

Sometimes editor, sometimes counsellor. Trying to find a way of life that makes some sense to me.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Moon Over Still Water

I want to dispense with the lovers in my life,
Paramours of flesh and bone,
Tied to the dirt beneath their feet.
It seems too easy, this blending of souls
The ready matching of organs
This procreative mix of ejaculate.
Meanwhile, you wait tantalizing above it all
The original space tourist, my first nightly visitor
My man on the moon; misloved maiden’s man
Because every man loves a woman.
I ache with the pain of longing,
White and sun hot in my gut, But
Outside me because this others me so
And you stretch me to my ends, Until I am
Ready to burst from this monthly peek-a-boo
Does my urge to be touched lessen this love?
Is every man a better lover in mind than body?

3 Comments:

Blogger cheekyexhibitionist said...

Don't touch this one. let it be so.Its perfectly perfect.

10:36 AM  
Blogger RTP said...

I guess I'll leave this version like this. But I am planning to work on this one a bit more for the writer's group. Flesh out detail a little more toward the end.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘ramblings of a literary hack’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home