Name:
Location: bangalore, karnataka, India

Sometimes editor, sometimes counsellor. Trying to find a way of life that makes some sense to me.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

ode to grandfather

Not my newest poem in the sense that I haven't written anything for more than a month... But anyway here it is...

Grandfather


When you died I didn’t cry…
I really couldn’t think why.
How could I, When
on another gentle summer morning
You showed me a world
Cloaked in pre-dawn night, and still
Because even dark things need their sleep.
And when I fell because I ran when you said walk
You carried me, though the world filled with
The groan of bones too old, weathered too long.
And grown wise and distant in my eyes
There came the rude breaking wind
You said were invisible tree frogs followed us home.
Many days later, I cried…
And my eyes burned for it, my tears raw salt
With not a taste or sound of pretty pink ribbon eulogies.

3 Comments:

Blogger cheekyexhibitionist said...

ok I tried really hard but my tech iq is zero and just couldn't manage the pinging. Hope this doesn't put off your plans. Smileys and bacon good for me too. Date and time and recognition to be decided still.

7:30 AM  
Blogger cheekyexhibitionist said...

thats what you meant??? I'll kill you when I meet you. Tried so hard to do it the right way. There is a genuine networking ping you know.

5:58 AM  
Blogger cheekyexhibitionist said...

Thanks once in while I like giggly me too. But have started arguing with him so all pink and fluffy excitement is over. But anyway it was good while it lasted.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home